Medieval Castles Nafplio TourCharacteristics of the Tour
- Meeting Point:Nafplio Port
- Itinerary: Port of Nafplio - Bourtzi Island Castle - Akronauplia Fortress - Secluded beach - PanExpeditions Beach Base at Karathonas
- Activity Difficulty Level: Very Easy
- Suitability: Suitable for all ages and experience level
- Paddling Distance: 7km
- Activity Duration: 4 hours of total activity (1,5 hours of relaxed paddling)
- Times of Activity: 9:00 - 10:00 depending on weather conditions
- Highlights: Bourtzi Island Fort, Akronauplia Fortress, Palamidi Fortress
- Price: from 70 euros (Discounts are available upon request by groups, big families or returning customers)
- Min/Max Participants: 2 / 10
Our Medieval Castles Nafplio Sea Kayak Tour is probably our flagship tour, paddling from the first capital of modern Greece, with 4 different fortresses in our view. All of them rich in history and folklore stories from the ancient times, to medieval and more recent times. This is probably a global originality, and we are proud to offer this tour, at a breathtaking, dominant scenary.
The first site we visit is the famous fort of Bourtzi, built in 1473, on a tiny inlet right in front of the port. The importance of this castle throughout the years and the battles it has seen, makes it an ideal location for the first historical tales and folklore.
After enjoying the magnificent site, we paddle towards the old town of Nafplio, under the cannons of the Old Town’s 1st line of fortification, while the UNESCO World Heritage fortress of Palamidi dominates the view right above it. As soon as we exit the port, we paddle along the ancient road of Nafplio, under Akronauplia fortress, and are rewarded with the breathtaking views of the dominant cliffs covered in succulent vegetation with the fortress as its crown at the top.
We continue along the coastline until we reach a small secluded beach for enjoying our delicacies and refreshment. Once refreshed, we continue along the coastline to reach our base at Karathonas beach, where you can enjoy other water-sports, such as SUP and water-cycle before we transfer you back to Nafplio, which is included in the price. There will be plenty of time for group and family photographs in the kayaks around the cliffs and forts before reaching our finishing point at our beach base.
- Single or double Sea Kayaks and all equipment (buoyancy aid, spray deck, paddle)
- Friendly English speaking guides certified as:
- "4 Star Sea Kayak Leader” by British Canoeing
- “Foundamental Safety & Rescue Training” by British Canoeing
- “First Aid Far From Help" certified by Wilderness Medical Training
- Sea Kayak handling/safety briefing
- Snacks and refreshments, with a focus on local products
- Expedition style shade shelter during our relaxing periods
- Snorkelling equipment
- Big dry bag for your necessities
- Photos and videos with GoPro Camera sent at a later date
- 1st Aid and Sea Kayak safety equipment carried by your guides
- Personal Insurance
- Transfer back to Nafplio
- Hat & sunglasses
- T-shirt, long sleeve top or Lycra shirt
- Enthusiasm and smiles